GLIDE HEALTH SERVICES provides free, confidential and friendly HIV TESTING AND COUNSELING.
Knowledge is Power. Know Your Status.
Find out your HIV status in just 15 minutes. A small finger stick of blood is required.
Clearview HIV-1/2 Stat-Pak Antibody Test
HIV Risk Assessments
Risk Reduction Counseling
HIV Prevention Education, Information, and Referrals
Individual Harm Reduction Counseling
Overdose Prevention Training
Harm Reduction Kits
Linkages to Care
Hours by Appointment or Drop In
As of February 1, 2013, GLIDE Health Services will now offer testing on the 5th floor in room 510 by appointment or drop-in during the following timeframes:
Monday - Thursday: 1:30pm - 4pm
Friday: 9:00am - 11:30am
If you have any questions or concerns, please call or e-mail Paul Harkin, HIV Services Manager at 415 674 5180 and email@example.com
2010 GLIDE HIV Services Statistics
- Provided 640 HIV Counseling & Testing Sessions
- HIV Prevention services distributed 18,000 condoms
- Provided HIV Services to minorities: 35% African American, 11% Latino and 11% Asian
- Continues to serve high risk hetero-sexual women and men
- HIV Outreach Program conducted 418 hours of street outreach
- HIV Services is staffed by one full-time, one part-time employee, and 12 volunteers
Some Characteristics of Our Population:
- 57% of clients are homeless or transitionally housed
- 33% of clients identify as LGBT
- 15% of our clients reported being Hepatitis C+
back to Compassionate Healthcare page
Support HIV Services
Last year GLIDE was awarded $77,778 to provide HIV Counseling, Testing and Linkages to other services, and provided 639 HIV Tests. This year, due to Department of Public Health cuts, GLIDE has lost over half our funding and only been awarded $35,000 to provide 250 HIV tests. Furthermore, this funding is to be used exclusively to test gay/bi-men, transgender persons and injection drug users (IDU). GLIDE is committed to findng a way to continue to test high-risk heterosexual men and women too.
$25 helps someone get tested today.
Want to Know More?
For more information about our HIV services, contact Paul Harkin or join GLIDE's HIV Services Facebook page for the latest info.