GLIDE has successfully filed its first Form 990, a requirement of our new governance structure. The information reflects our fiscal year ending June 30, 2022, our first year as a 501(c)(3).
As a nonprofit organization, transparency and accountability are at the core of our values. We believe in keeping our team, and the public informed about our financial standing.
For those of you who are not familiar, all nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation are required to file 990’s with the IRS. Prior to our fiscal year ending June 2022, we were considered a religious organization, with no requirement to complete the 990.
We would like to extend a special note of appreciation to our Finance team as their dedication, expertise and diligence were instrumental in preparing and finalizing the 990-tax document.
The document is representative of our fiscal 2022 year, during which time we:
- Served 533,298 meals to unhoused and low-income community members
- Reached 3,937 people with vital services, including harm reduction, essential goods and services, violence intervention, and support for families and children
- Distributed 1,698 Narcan doses to people who reversed overdoses
- Administered 24,295 COVID tests (since the start of the pandemic)
- Allocated $114M to California’s state budget for food banks as a result of coalition-based advocacy
- Secured $24M in state funding for housing subsidies, shelters, and mental health support through coalition work
These numbers represent the collective efforts of our entire GLIDE team (including you) and are a testament to the impact we have made together in creating a more inclusive and just community mobilized to alleviate suffering and break the cycles of poverty and marginalization.
The Form 990 can be viewed here.
Please contact our Communications Dept should you have any questions.